Monday, December 13, 2010

CRAWL, WALK, RUN!

Over the weekend I participated in my first 5K Run.  At the beginning of October I decided that my babies would be turning one in a few weeks (and I'd be 35 soon), and I needed to get up and get moving!  I decided to try the Couch to 5K app on my iphone and began on October 11th!  In the beginning I was jogging mailbox to mailbox and trying to do it pushing our double jogging stroller (Ha!)  That only lasted a few times and I quickly figured out that going alone at 6am or 8pm (before anyone woke up, or after all the kids were in bed) was the only way to go!  Some days were cold, some days were windy, and it was almost always dark, but I persevered and now I am able to jog at a steady pace for 30 minutes at a time!  My good friend Charlotte decided to do the training too, so although we only ran together one time, we motivated each other to keep going :)  I am now signed up for The Resolution Run in Round Rock on 1/1/11, so hopefully that will ensure that I don't quit and become a full-time couch potato again anytime soon!  I am blogging about this today because it has been a good thing in my life, and I want you all to know that if you are considering anything like this, and I can do it, you can too!

Charlotte & Me before our first 5K!!!



2 comments:

  1. Soooo proud of you!

    I can totally "rock" the stairmaster, but running? Not so much!

    Maybe you will inspire me to begin running too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your AWESOME!!! I've been trying to workout, but can't seem to be consistant with all that goes on. Thanks for the inspiration!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete