Monday, June 7, 2010

5K, Cupcakes, & A few hours with a singleton!






Yesterday I completed my first official 5K walk! I decided to do it a couple of months ago when a Weight Watchers challenge was issued at one of my meetings. A new WW friend and I have been walking together to get prepared (always in the mornings). WELL, the actual walk was held yesterday and it was at 6pm! Needless to say, it was HOT and muggy, but we did great and both felt so good for having completed the task! I don't know if I'll walk in one again anytime this summer, but it was fun to join up with others and now I know I can do it-heat or not :0)

Since she and I were walking together, we invited their family over to swim and have fajitas afterward. Molly and I decorated some 'pool party cupcakes' after I got the idea from Eric's cousin, Sarah. They turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself!

Today I took Sam to a followup appointment with his general surgeon in Austin. I had dropped Molly and a friend off at Baking Camp and had our babysitter, Kathy, come and stay with Stella. He and I left around 10 and on the way stopped at Cavendars, ran in and picked up some new flip flops for me!!! (my 'reward' for completing my 5K) After that we got to the medical offices, got all buckled into our SINGLE stroller in a flash and made it to the 11am appointment at 11:03. We saw the doc, changed a diaper, and were pulling out of the parking garage at 11:32! He was a happy camper, so we decided to call daddy and meet him for lunch at Schlotzky's. I ordered and got our food while Eric got Sam settled in a high chair. I was even able to get our drinks with both hands free! We ate in peace and then Sam and I headed home..............It was only a 2.5 hour stint as a mom of a singleton again, but oh what a difference one baby less makes. I love my 7month olds with ALL of my heart, but I love them more when I am not having to juggle or neglect one so I can tend to the other one. In other words: I HEART being able to have a babysitter and I DOUBLE HEART ERIC for knowing how important it is for my sanity!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is priceless- thank you so much. r

    ReplyDelete