Monday, May 24, 2010

Camping Trip and Automatic Baby








Last night after returning from our first camping trip with our family of five, we were unwinding and getting ready for our last week of Kindergarten! The babies were watching a Baby Einstein video and I commented to Molly how cute one of the babies in the video's earrings were (since she just got her's pierced). She said, "when I have a baby, I'm never going to get it's ears pierced." I asked her when she thought she'd have one and she said, "probably when I'm like 25." Eric responded and said he thought a that was a good age to FIRST get married and then have babies! She replied, "orrrrrr, I could just have an automatic baby first, then get married and have more babies so I'd have a helper for my next kids" We were both trying not to laugh. She went on to explain that an 'automatic' baby is one you get without a husband!!! I explained that Rex and I had her to love and spoil, not so that we would have an 'automatic' helper with the next babies! She said ok, skipped off to play, and never looked back :0) Oh, the innocence.................As for the camping trip. We had lots of fun at Lake Buchanan's Big Chief RV campgrounds. We caught bugs, went for walks, cooked out, and took the babies swimming in the pool- their first swimming experience- and they loved it. We enjoyed great weather, good food and good friends. After we got home on Sunday, everyone was getting a much needed bath and Sam looked up and me and smiled, showing me his very first tooth had come through on the bottom right! I had no idea he was teething............what a trooper!!! Now I'm off to finish up laundry from the weekend and think about one more week of school for Molly. Goodbye May, Hello June :)

No comments:

Post a Comment